With 25 million pets and counting, Australians love their pets. However, leaving them while on holiday, at work, or even during the day can be stressful for both animals and their humans. At Mad Paws, we solve this problem.
Mad Paws is Australia’s largest marketplace for Pet Sitting and pet-related services; the platform allows Pet Owners to search for Pet Sitters in their local area and find someone to look after their best friend when they’re not around. We launched 5 years ago and we have been showing extremely strong growth, which we are very excited about. We are venture-backed and an official partner of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
The Mad Paws Pack is made up of a talented and passionate team working to creating the largest pet community in Australia. We work hard, whilst also making sure to never take ourselves too seriously and enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure.
About the Role
Join one of the fastest growing Products in our Company. Your role will be focusing on digitising its customer experience, while also keeping a strong focus on its growth and ongoing operations. This is both a strategic and operational role. You’ll need to get your hands dirty, hacking around to find solutions, whilst also contributing significantly to the broad strategic direction in which this line of business will go.
- Position: Product Manager
- Reports to: Head of Product
- Constantly challenge the status quo, by crunching data, listening to customers and understanding the business needs to maximise impact.
- Identify areas of growth by coming up with creative ideas and hackarounds.
- Define and execute on digital focused initiatives in the Product roadmap.
- Manage the product development lifecycle from idea inception to launch – delivering experiences that are simple, easy to use, delight customers and are in-line with company goals and KPIs.
- Work closely with the Head of Product to define the phasing and scope of deliverables.
- Work with Marketing on implementing new growth initiatives and fine tune our messaging.
- Support the Customer Experience team to ensure customers get all the love they deserve, daily. This will include support on booking management, as in finances, payments and charges.
- Work with Strategy&Operations to define growth objectives and measure success.
- Liaise daily with UX designers and developers to deliver features customers will value.
- Collaborate with all departments to align product expectations and delivery dates.
- Pro-actively manage dependencies across the wider Product roadmap and with other teams, to ensure new features are delivered in-line with business priorities.
Your Experience and Skills
- Proven experience delivering web and mobile products in an Agile environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and deal with complexity.
- Organised and detail-oriented with the ability to fly up and think high-level strategic when required
- Entrepreneurial self-starter: you are self-motivated and you take the initiative.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to convey concepts to technical and non-technical people in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Solid understanding of analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Hotjar) to generate insights that improve customer experience.
- Solid understanding of experimental design through feature flagging and multivariate testing.
- A strong understanding of common digital concepts. e.g. HTML, CSS, system integration, clickstream analytics, user testing, prototyping.
- Approachable, open-minded, enthusiastic attitude and team player
- We believe the sweet spot for this role will be 2 – 4 years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years’ experience in Digital Product Management, preferably within a startup. In saying that, we will consider applications outside of this range.
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Mad Paws?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something scale really quickly, and loves directly seeing the impact of their work, then you need to get on board
- You love learning from the people around you and love teaching them something new as well.
- You enjoy working with a passionate and driven team of high-performing individuals who respectfully challenge themselves and each other to deliver the best experience for our users.
Mad Paws Pack
- Based in Pyrmont Sydney, in our own office within the WOTSO Co-Working Space
- Perks include:
- Free coffee, cookies, and awesome chill out areas (in the building);
- A passionate and hard working team.
- Of course, dogs in the office!
- 15 minutes walk from Town Hall Station.
- 10 minute walk from Chinatown.
- 1 minute walk from the Sydney Fishmarkets.
Please e-mail your CV, motivation letter and link to our Head of Product (strictly no recruiters please) – firstname.lastname@example.org.