Mad Paws is searching for a Social Media Co-ordinator to join their growing Marketing Team in Pyrmont, NSW.
About Mad Paws
With 25 million pets and counting, Australians love their pets. However, leaving them while on holiday, at work, or even during the day can be stressful for both animals and their humans. Mad Paws removes this stress by allowing Pet Owners to search for nearby Pet Sitters. Through Mad Paws, Pet Owners can find someone to look after their furry friend when they can’t.
Lead by Co-Founder and CEO Alexis, the Mad Paws Pack is comprised of a talented and passionate team who have created the largest pet community in Australia. We work hard but also play hard, ensuring we never take ourselves too seriously and enjoying every minute of this adventure.
About the Role
As Social Media Co-ordinator, you will source, schedule, and publish shared and original content across our unpaid social media channels. Your responsibilities will include:
• Sourcing and creating original content for Facebook and Instagram that engages our audience of Pet Owners
• Identifying relevant shared content to publish across Facebook and Instagram
• Managing a content calendar across Facebook and Instagram to ensure content reaches our audiences twice daily
• Creating and sharing video content via Facebook Stories, Instagram Stories, YouTube Stories, and IGTV
• Further developing and implementing a strategy to grow Mad Paws’ presence on Twitter and Pinterest
• Launching and maintaining a social media profile on SnapChat
• Compiling and reporting weekly data on social media performance via Iconosquare
• Monitoring comments on social media channels and responding where appropriate
• Ensuring our tone across our social media channels is consistent with our overarching brand tone
In a nutshell, this is the perfect part-time role for social media ace with a passion for animals. With over 20,000 Pet Sitters across the country and dogs in our office every day, you’ll also have no shortage of social media material.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role, you must have:
• At least one year’s experience in a professional content marketing or social media role
• Examples of social media channels you have managed or marketing content you’ve created
• Familiarity with social media best practice. In other words, you know how to use your hashtags, handles, swipe ups, Stories, and shares to maximise your reach
• An unbridled love for pets. You adore animals of all kinds, and you’re not afraid to show it!
• Experience with Microsoft Excel
• Experience with social media management and scheduling tools, such as Sked Social, Iconosquare, or Hootsuite
• Rudimentary experience in photography, videography, or graphic design would be highly regarded, but are not essential
In this role, you will be reporting directly to Mad Paws’ Content Marketing Manager.
Note: Due to Mad Paws’ growth, there may exist a future opportunity for this role to expand beyond one day a week.
Why Mad Paws?
Mad Paws’ HQ office is a workplace like no other. By joining the Mad Paws Pack, you’ll be able to:
• Work for one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Australian Startups for 2018
• Bring your dog to our pet-friendly office
• Learn from an award-winning marketing team
• Set which day of the week you would like to work so you can meet your other commitments
• Enjoy free coffee and endless doggy cuddles!
To express your interest in this role, please email your CV and motivation letter to Karim at firstname.lastname@example.org