GROWTH MANAGER IN HIGH GROWTH VENTURE CAPITAL BACKED STARTUP
Join the Mad Paws team!
Mad Paws Pty Ltd (www.madpaws.com.au) is a Sydney-based Internet startup. We are Australia’s largest market place for pet sitting and pet related services. We launched only 1.5 years ago and have been showing strong and accelerated growth, which we are very excited about. Our team is driven, capable and very hard working! We are young and hungry; enjoying every minute of this exciting adventure with a clear goal to win! We recently finalised a $1.1m financing round from great investors, which will allow us to significantly scale up. YOU can be part of this exciting new chapter from the very beginning! Are you a winner? Are you driven by a passion for making an impact? Are you keen to learn?
You are responsible for acquiring customers, sitters and dollars. You will use data to determine what’s working, what isn’t, and push to optimize and scale. You are responsible for the growth of the business and will make sure this growth does not slow down by triggering the right communications and marketing measures. This cross-functional role is tailor made for a results-driven, analytical and creatively-minded problem solver.
Your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Quantitative analysis: we take an intensely data-driven approach to our marketing;
- Qualitative analysis: understand the user behaviour and psychology by speaking to our user-facing teams and by interacting with users yourself;
- Testing of channels: There is a variety of marketing channels that can be further optimised, some channels yet to be explored and without any doubt multiple more innovative channels that we haven’t even thought about.
- Create and develop demand and lead generation activities, conversion programs, and marketing campaigns that provide measurable improvement for top-line and bottom-line growth and meet monthly and yearly goals;
- A lot of it will be PPC, SEO, paid social, display advertising, retargeting, e-mail marketing, customer engagement and content strategies;
- Optimising landing pages, sales funnels and viral features.
- Assist in researching, developing, and producing a comprehensive Demand Generation Plan for short and long-term profitable growth; and help develop the campaigns, execution steps, content requirements & reports;
- Aggressively review and stay up to date of market trends through all available resources, including direct customer contact, competitive analysis, participation in industry conferences/expos/trade shows, etc.
- Very analytical. You simply love data;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter: you are self-motivated and you take the initiative;
- 1 - 2 year experience with digital marketing: PPC, SEO, paid social, display advertising, retargeting, e-mail marketing, customer engagement and content strategies. And hungry to over time become the very best at this;
- Creative thinking capabilities; strong interest/desire to learn and adopt new marketing strategies and tactics;
- People focused. You want to get to know our users as best as possible so that your marketing efforts are informative and adding value to the Mad Paws services, by giving our community members what they need at the right time and place. Relevance;
- You are eager to constantly improve yourself; we constantly need to find better ways to do things;
- You know how to prioritise and understand that perfection is not the goal: we need to get things done and iterate quickly while collecting the right data and insights;
- You are energetic and enthusiastic;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) and Excel;
- You are tech savvy;
- You have an affinity with pets; this will help you understand our users better who absolutely love pets;
- You are a great team player and have ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- A Bachelor degree is required.
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Mad Paws?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something grow really quickly, and loves directly seeing the impact of your work, then you need to get on board. We’ve got double digit month-on-month growth and we need you to keep it there!
- You love learning from the people around you and love teaching them something new as well.
- You enjoy working with a young, passionate and driven team.
When and where is this happening:
- This is a full-time position.
- Looking to fill the position as soon as possible, but we are determined to find the right fit;
- Based in Sydney. Own office but part of Sydney’s largest co-working tech hub Fishburners;
- Perks include:
- Free coffee, ping pong tables and awesome chill out areas (in the building);
- Wentworth park and Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre just down the road;
- 10 minutes walk from Central Station;
- 1-minute walk from Chinatown and all that amazing food!
We’re super excited to receive your applications and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Chris (Head of Product) and Alexis (CEO)
- Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter to Alexis@madpaws.com.au