Join the Mad Paws team!
Mad Paws is a Sydney-based Internet start-up. We are Australia’s largest marketplace for pet sitting and pet related services. We launched 3 years ago and have been showing strong and accelerated growth, which we are very excited about! Our team is driven, capable and very hard working! We are enjoying every minute of this exciting adventure with a clear goal to win. We are Venture Capital-funded and have all systems ready to significantly scale up. YOU can be part of Mad Paws! Whilst experiencing this huge growth we need to have the right people in place to support this growth, so we can make the absolute most of it. You would be a critical part of the team supporting those around you in the best way possible.
We are building a growing team of exceptional individuals and with it comes the need to professionalise this organisation. Our people are at the heart of our accomplishments and it is crucial that they are supported as much as possible. In this role, your work will revolve around all aspects of Office Administration, Facilities Management, Financial Administration, People & Culture and direct support to the CEO. You will be reporting to the Head of Operations, and will work closely together with the whole team at Mad Paws.
- Office Administration & Facilities:
- Records Management: filing and managing documents (eg. contracts, medical certificates, invoices, etc);
- Keeping track of office supplies and timely ordering new ones;
- Being the main point of contact for Wotso office management;
- Organising changes to the office layout and logistics relating to office relocations and expansions, seating plans and furniture procurement (eg. desks, computer screens, etc);
- Providing direct support to the CEO and other executive members.
- Financial Administration:
- Reviewing & paying monthly inbound invoices;
- Sending outbound invoices and managing the follow up;
- Support in reviewing financial statements and bank accounts;
- Supporting our external accountants with information for employee payment runs;
- Supporting our external accountants and CEO with information required for government grants and tax returns;
- Assisting in financial planning.
- People & Culture:
- Playing a role in employee on- and off-boarding:
- Organising contracts for new employees;
- System access management;
- Internship feedback;
- Overseeing all leave & payroll information in Xero & assisting employees with their questions;
- Organising birthday cards, farewell lunches etc.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role;
- You have a genuine passion for helping people;
- You care about employee happiness & job satisfaction;
- You are extremely trustworthy;
- You have a high attention to detail and accuracy;
- You are very system oriented: you continuously try to make processes more efficient;
- You are super comfortable with numbers, are efficient in Excel and understand basic bookkeeping;
- Experience in Xero is a big plus;
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to prioritise and multitask;
- Initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and implement projects and ideas;
- Ability to work autonomously and independently to achieve objectives;
- You are a great written and verbal communicator;
- You can quickly and efficiently troubleshoot problems and are a problem solver at heart;
- If you don't know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask;
- You are energetic and enthusiastic;
- You are self-motivated and take initiatives;
- You are a great team player.
When and where is this happening:
- Potential to be a part-time (32 hours) or a full-time position starting October/November 2017;
- Looking to fill the position ASAP, but we are determined to find the right fit;
- Great office in the Sharing Hub - 4 leading marketplace start-ups that teamed up to learn from each other and help accelerate the Australian Shared Economy space.
Location: SYDNEY (Pyrmont)
We’re super excited to receive your applications and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Tahnee (Head of Operations) and Ellie (Operations Manager)
- Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter to Ellie@madpaws.com.au