OPERATIONS INTERNSHIP IN HIGH GROWTH STARTUP
In short, this Operations Internship position comes with significant responsibility, learnings in hard and soft skills that are relevant for any Operations position and the ability to make an actual impact. Our company Mad Paws is growing super fast, has been all over the news in recent months and all of it is the product of a team of passionate, positive people that will always keep learning from each other. Previous interns in this position have built a name in the industry and have afterwards been hired in our company or by other exciting organisations in Sydney.
Join the Mad Paws team!
Mad Paws Pty Ltd (www.madpaws.com.au) is a Sydney-based Internet startup. We are Australia’s largest market place for pet sitting and pet related services. We launched only 1.5 years ago and have been showing strong and accelerated growth, which we are very excited about. Our team is driven, capable and very hard working! We are young and hungry; enjoying every minute of this exciting adventure with a clear goal to win! We recently finalised a $1.1m financing round from great investors, which will allow us to significantly scale up. YOU can be part of this exciting new chapter from the very beginning! Are you a winner? Are you driven by a passion for making an impact? Are you keen to learn?
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with strong communication and problem-solving skills, who doesn’t shy away from in-person interactions. Affinity with pets, toughness, independence, persistence, empathy and the ability to adapt fast to a changing environment are required to ensure you provide the world-class service our brand stands for. You will convert leads into customers and will be helping users to find the perfect solution for their pets, you'll be excited to leave them with a WOW experience that exceeds anyone's expectations (genuinely willing to help our customers has been our best working sales method!), you will be required to educate and on-board new sitters and customers and help shape the company with the insights you gather along the way. This is an intense, business-side startup role which has a clear and direct impact on the growth of our business.
You will be working alongside our Operations, Marketing and Product teams, learning from them, helping them and undertaking new initiatives to help grow and scale this business significantly.
- Proactively helping users: reaching out to users at different stages of their user experience and delivering exceptional user support that amazes everyone and drives word of mouth. Examples may be:
- Helping users and their pets find the perfect sitter in their area;
- Receiving and responding to feedback from users;
- Re-engaging members who may not have used us for a while.
- Onboarding and educating our users how to use the website / app in the best way possible:
- Managing our pet sitter accounts: from the vetting process to training and maintaining a high quality pet sitter base;
- Building awareness of our referral incentives and systems, and encouraging repeat use.
- Analysis: finding the weaknesses and opportunities in the business OPS processes by quantifying them. For example: where are the drop-offs in our sales funnels and how are they related to OPS and Customer Support? What is the impact of sitter response rates on booking success?
- Strategic and operational: the insights you will get from interaction with our users are invaluable. With these insights you will help shape this company, its processes and technology:
- Document user insights and work with the Product team to identify opportunities for product and process improvements;
- Think along and strategise with our Product team how sales activities can be scaled by means of technology;
- Create processes and protocols to ensure best practice is followed in any given instance.
- We understand that as an intern you are here to learn, so a strong willingness to learn, burning motivation and intellect are our most important hiring criteria;
- You have an affinity with pets; this will help you understand and communicate with our users who absolutely love pets;
- You can sell: you quickly understand people's needs and you are able to connect the dots on how we can offer them the most suitable solution;
- You have a passion for helping others and delivering a best in-class user experience;
- You are eager to learn and constantly improve yourself; we constantly need to find better ways to do things;
- You know how to prioritise and understand that perfection is not the goal: we need to get things done;
- You are a great written and verbal communicator and don’t shy away from phone or in-person interactions;
- You are highly organized and system oriented: you will help Mad Paws scale efficiently;
- You can quickly and efficiently troubleshoot problems;
- If you don’t know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask;
- You are energetic and enthusiastic;
- You are sufficiently tech savvy: you understand how our website and app work and are able to work with different systems. Excel knowledge is a plus;
- You are self-motivated and take initiatives;
- You are a great team player.
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Mad Paws?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something grow really quickly, and loves directly seeing the impact of your work, then you need to get on board. We’ve got double digit month-on-month growth and we need you to keep it there!
- You love learning from the people around you and love teaching them something new as well.
- You enjoy working with a young, passionate and driven team.
When and where is this happening:
- The internship position would be anywhere from 3 days a week to full-time;
- The usual duration of our internships is about 3 months;
- Looking to fill the position as soon as possible, but we are determined to find the right fit;
- Based in Sydney. Own office but part of Sydney’s largest co-working tech hub Fishburners;
- Perks include:
- Free coffee, ping pong tables and awesome chill out areas (in the building);
- Wentworth park and Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre just down the road;
- 10 minutes walk from Central Station;
- 1-minute walk from Chinatown and all that amazing food!
We’re super excited to receive your applications and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Tahnee (Head of Operations) and Alexis (CEO)
- Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter to Tahnee@madpaws.com.au