Every pet deserve something a little extra. There are plenty of benefits to give your pet a massage! These benefits are:
- Relieve stress - from possibly a dog kennel experience
- Increases your pet flexibility
- Develops and maintains muscles tone
- Stimulates the body's nerves, muscles, circulatory system & lymphatic system
Massage Techniques for your Pet!
- Allows the body to naturally heal itself from injury, strain, surgery and exhaustion
- Increases the physical and emotional bond between you and your pet!
- Invite your pet to lie down on warm surface.
- Always start off with a warm up by stroking slowly on your pet's head or pat them on the good spots that you know to relieve stress.
- Then gently rub in circular motion behind your pet's ear to the neck to calm the nerves.
- Slowly move on to gentle rub on the legs to release muscle tension.
- Finish off with a light massage on the belly.
Source: Moderndog Website