Hi, I'm Jazz - a 29 year old kiwi! I absolutely love animals of all sizes. I'm that person who stops to talk to your dog while you're at the grocery store. I'm also that person that the stray and injured gravitate to (refer to 'Hawk-ward' photo).
I live in Leichhardt with a great backyard for dogs - It's large (by Sydney standards) and fully fenced & we're only 5 minutes walk from a fully fenced dog park (Hawthorn Dog Park, next to the light rail). Living with me is my 11 year old son, Ethan. He is very intuitive and respectful to animals. Obviously I'm bias but I trust him completely with animals.
I have been lucky enough to work with some big animals like Elephants in Thailand through a Rehabilitation Program and Horses as a horse wrangler and stunt woman for TV and Film in NZ. I have spent most of my personal time with Horses, dogs and cats (and other animals on the smaller side) - lots of different breeds and temperaments. I am currently studying my Cert 3 in Dog Behaviour and Training. Ethan and I are also very well experienced in medicating dogs with both oral medications and injections.
We fully respect your routine and the boundaries you set for your dog and we'll do our best to stick to them. For example: if you don't allow for your dog/s to sleep on/in your bed, we won't let them stay on/in ours.
What to bring if your pet is staying with us?
- Bed / bedding: if applicable, some dogs sleep in their owners bed and do not have a portable bed.
- Toys: we will do our best to not misplace toys but sometimes that is out of our control i.e. Dog destroys them during their stay, lost at dog park etc.
- Food: make sure there is more than enough for their stay.
- Food and Water bowl: sometimes dogs can be picky and they don't like bowls that have been used by other dogs
- Treats: if you're that way inclined. We have a lot of treats as well. We would always check that they are suitable for your dog first. We are 'Treat Wise' and only treat desired behaviour.
- Grooming equipment: if applicable or grooming is desired. We do have our own brush and natural shampoo.
- Anything else! Basically, we'd rather you be overly prepared 'just incase'. We've seen it all so nothing would surprise us or make us think you are overly worried or protective - we get it!
* Dog walking or house visits are only available on weekends and public holidays.
** Free meet and greets are best organised for Sunday afternoon - early evening. If this is not possible, Saturday day or weekday evenings around 7pm are best.
*** We love all breeds and believe strongly that no breed should be labelled as aggressive (or anything similar). We hope that all pet owners wanting their pets to stay with us will feel the same way and hold no prejudice towards any specific breed/s. If you would like more information on breeding profiles, I'd be more than happy to share breed research.
Services and Rates
$62 per night
$75 per night
Pet Day Care
$49 per session
$35 per session
$35 per session
$75 per session
Small Dog: Yes
Medium Dog: Yes
Large Dog: Yes
Giant Dog: Yes
Medium (25 - 50 m2)
Pick-Up / Drop-Off: $15 one way trip
Emergency Transport Avaliable: Yes