We are reliable, responsible and experienced house/pet-sitters. We love being able to care for animals in their home and enjoy travelling and experiencing different areas.
We are a married couple who are taking a "life break" for the next few years, so that we can travel, spend time with each other and finish writing the novel and screenplay that we never had the time to work on! Up until recently we both worked full-time as Senior Managers in Commercial Construction and at David Jones. We now both spend our days writing, which allows us to keep your pets company during the day and your house secure.
For the last 12 years we were the proud owners of our amazing papillion dog called Louis whom we miss very much, but have found petsitting to be a great substitute! We both grew up with cats, dogs, rabbits and fish in the house, and actively participated in their care so we have plenty of experience with all. John also has working knowlege and hands on experience looking after horses, cattle, chicken and ducks as he spent weekends and holidays at his parents farm in the Yarramalong Valley.
Key points about us:
- Animal lovers with 30+ years experience caring for domestic and farm animals
- Clean and Tidy
- Reliable, Considerate & Respectful
- Vigilant & Security Conscious
- Will rarely be absent from the home for longer than 4 hours
- Non-Smokers, Health Conscious
- We bring no pets or children
- We have our own car
- Excellent references, reviews from previous housesits and valid police checks provided
Our pet-sitting service includes:
- administer medication (if required)
- change litters and pick up poop from lawn
- walk your pets daily (1 x 60min walk or 2 x 30min walks)
- play and give your pets love and care like they are our own
- provide regular updates on your pets including photos via email/text/whatsapp
Maintenance of your property includes:
- keeping your home clean and tidy
- daily collection of the mail
- watering indoor/outdoor plants and gardens
- taking out the bins
- mowing the lawn
- pool maintenance
Our requirements are:
- Clean/smoke-free home
- Double or Queen Bed (we bring our own linen, pillows and doona)
- Access to bathroom and kitchen facilities
- Airconditioning (in the summer months)
- Parking space for one car
- All pet food and medication provided
- Written Instructions on your care requirements for your pet and house
Our rate is $50 a night per pet (plus madpaws fee) for the care of up to 6 pets. We are available for housesits of min 3+nights in NSW in the following areas:
- Central Coast
- NSW North Coast
- NSW Northern Rivers
We are positive that we would make the perfect pet/house-sitters for your pets, animals and home so contact us now! We would love to hear from you! Jenny and John
Our process once you make contact via the site is as follows:
- We will make contact with you to arrange a day/time for us to come to you for an obligation free meet and greet. This gives you and your pets a chance to become familiar with us and to go over your requirements.
- If you don’t require a meet and greet or if time does not permit, then we can arrange a time to do a phone call/Skype/Facetime to have a chat and discuss details. If you just prefer to correspond with us via email or text, then that is fine too!
- We will email you our references, reviews from previous housesits and valid police and ID checks for your review.
- If all goes well, and both parties agree to proceed then we both approve the booking on the mad paws site and you make payment. The booking is now confirmed and your dates will be blocked out on our calendar.
- About a week before your sit, we will send a followup text to answer any last minute questions and to confirm the time that you would like us to arrive on your departure day. This will usually be about an hour before you need to depart, to give us time to do a handover and go over your instructions.
- At the end of the stay we will leave your house clean and tidy, strip the beds, wash any linen or towels used, empty the bins, walk and feed your pets for the day. We will wait at your house with your pets until you confirm that all your flight has landed or you are on the road and your estimated ETA. If we have to leave to go to another sit before your arrival, then we will lock up and leave your keys at an agreed location.
- All that is left for you to do is to go onto the Madpaws website to confirm the “end of stay” and leave us a review. :) ...
Jen and John's Home
Pets sleep indoors
Pets sleep outdoors
A full refund will be offered to Pet Owners if they cancel up until 14 days before the booking at 12 noon. After which Pet Owners will be charged 50% of the total booking value.