I am an animal lover originally from the UK and I have looked after extended family and friends pets for many years. I have had dogs since I was a baby. I grew up in a house of West Highland Terriers and then went on to own dachshunds.
I have a senior dachshund, a disabled dachshund (with IVDD) and a young dachshund and they make the perfect blend. They are great with other dogs as they have been to daycare over the years.
If your dog is a senior or has a disability our snoozy haven would be great for you as we are senior and disabled friendly with a ramp and smaller section in the garden that we have set up for our own girl.
We can offer the following:
* Happy to give medications if required.
* Happy to take in your pup if recovering from surgery and just needs a quiet corner to sleep and be fully supervised.
* Happy to take in a younger pup as long as they are socialised.
* A secure back yard that’s fully fenced for a pup that loves to play or sniff outside.
* Experience with deaf and blind dogs having owned dogs in the past with one or both of these conditions.
* Experience with pups with separation anxiety so if you need to work but do not want to leave your pup locked up all week due to anxious behaviour we are happy to take them in for day visits.
* Experience with IVDD and crate resting / supervising (this was most of my 2021).
* 100% supervision for the entire duration of the stay at our HQ (whether a day or night stay).
* Collection and drop off service for an extra $10 available if evening or weekends within 5-7kms of Findon. Not available week day mornings or afternoons. We can discuss your requirements to see if we can help.
* No children or people randomly visiting so your pup will be the centre of our world.
* A Scentsory experience as we’ve set up an area in the garden with dog friendly plants for their sniffing and Scentsory delight.
Unfortunately I am unable to take unsocialised dogs or dogs over 12kgs at this time due to our disabled dachshund.
We are the MAD house with Mia, Abby and Delilah so if you like quirky then come on down. We are also LGBTIQ+ friendly.
Feel free to message me with your requirements to see if we can accommodate. Thank you for looking.