Hello and welcome!
My name is Melissa (but everyone calls me Mel). Born and raised in sunny, buzzing Sydney now living here in laid-back Adelaide with my husband Harry and our 1 year old Standard Dachshund Arnie (full name: Arnold).
I have grown up with pets from a young age and adore and love all animals. I have a lot of knowledge and experience with many dogs of various breeds and personalities. Many years ago, I also trained two dogs to become accredited Therapy Dogs for a local nursing home and participated as an active member of a dog training club back in Sydney.
For the past 8 years, I have worked full-time within the health and aged care sector but I am now studying again so I have a lot more flexibility and time. I would love to look after your pets and they will be treated just like family!
What's included during your pets' stay?
- Up to 2 walks a day (depending on your dog's needs).
-Doggy door access to indoors/outdoors at all times
- A large and secure backyard
- Trips to the beach/park (with 'pawrent' permission).
- Unlimited pats, scratches and cuddles
- Access to a variety of fun toys
- Enrichment time! (stimulating puzzles, snuffling etc).
- One on one care (I only accept one booking at a time).
- A good game of fetch!
- A trip for doggy ice cream at Brighton Beach (Copenhagen)
- House-made Puppacinos (lactose free milk froth and beef sprinkles).
- SA local dog treats! (Can't forget those!)
- Fresh, clean filtered water (of course!)
- Care catered to specific requests/requirements
- Like a nice little holiday for your beloved pup!
- A funny, quirky sausage dog to play with!
Follow us on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/mel_madpaws/
About Arnie (the resident pup):
Super silly sausage that loves food, attention and a good friend to play and zoom around with! Sometimes thinks he's a big dog (with short legs) and idolises Arnold Schwarzeneggar (hence the name) has a 'big dog' bark and likes to think he looks tough (but really a big softie and a major sook). Loves a good walk particularly with a friend, knows how to share his toys, treats, bed (and his human's love and attention).
If you have any questions or special requirements please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist.