Hi, I'm Jazz - a 32 year old kiwi! I absolutely love animals of all sizes. I'm that person who stops to talk to your dog while you're at the grocery store. I'm also that person that the stray and injured gravitate to.
I now live in Lewisham in an apartment - dogs must be suitable for apartment living. Ideally they are already used to a similar environment.
I have been lucky enough to work with some big animals like Elephants in Thailand through a Rehabilitation Program and Horses as a horse wrangler and stunt woman for TV and Film in NZ. I have spent most of my personal time with Horses, dogs and cats (and other animals on the smaller side) - lots of different breeds and temperaments. I have my Cert 3 in Dog Behaviour and Training. Ethan and I are also very well experienced in medicating dogs with both oral medications and injections.
We fully respect your routine and the boundaries you set for your dog and we'll do our best to stick to them. For example: if you don't allow for your dog/s to sleep on/in your bed, we won't let them stay on/in ours.
What to bring if your pet is staying with us?
- Bed / bedding: if applicable, some dogs sleep in their owners bed and do not have a portable bed.
- Toys: we will do our best to not misplace toys but sometimes that is out of our control i.e. Dog destroys them during their stay, lost at dog park etc.
- Food: make sure there is more than enough for their stay.
- Food and Water bowl: sometimes dogs can be picky and they don't like bowls that have been used by other dogs
- Treats: if you're that way inclined. We would always check that they are suitable for your dog first. We are 'Treat Wise' and only treat desired behaviour.
- Grooming equipment: if applicable or grooming is desired. We do have our own brush and natural shampoo.
- Anything else! Basically, we'd rather you be overly prepared 'just incase'. We've seen it all so nothing would surprise us or make us think you are overly worried or protective - we get it!
* Dog walking, Daycare or house visits are only available on weekends and public holidays.
** Free meet and greets are best organised for Sunday afternoon - early evening. If this is not possible, Saturday day or weekday evenings around 7pm are best.
*** We love all breeds and believe strongly that no breed should be labelled as aggressive (or anything similar). We hope that all pet owners wanting their pets to stay with us will feel the same way and hold no prejudice towards any specific breed/s....
Children at home
First Aid Certificate
Pets sleep indoors
Pets sleep outdoors
A full refund will be offered to Pet Owners if they cancel up until 7 days before the booking at 12 noon. After which Pet Owners will be charged 50% of the total booking value.
Accepts last-minute bookings
Accepts long-term bookings
Reviews & Testimonials
repeat19 repeat stays
Pet Hosting - Nov 19, 2018
Another great holiday with Jazz for our little Newfy who returned home happy.…
Pet Hosting - Oct 24, 2018
Best dog sitter there is and I wouldn’t trust my girls with anyone else …
Pet Hosting - Sep 25, 2018
Jazz is a wonderful host, very kind and attentive. Our little Newfy came back home happy and healthy. …
Pet Hosting - May 28, 2018
As always our boys had a great stay and were well looked after by this amazing lady. Thanks so much Jazz…