After saying goodbye to our much-loved Labrador, my children and I decided we'd like to become occasional pet sitters. We're super excited about hosting friendly pets in our home and giving them individual care and attention, playing games and getting to know their personality.
- We’ll only take one booking at a time, so your pet (or pets if you have two) gets individual care in a family-like environment
- I work and will be out of the house from 9am-5pm some days
- We have a dog kennel outside, a large securely fenced yard and a large undercover deck for rainy days
- BYO food
We are only doing this from time to time (often on school holidays or long weekends), as a way of still being able to enjoy pets around the home! We are pretty selective about which dogs we host and are more likely to accept your booking if:
- your dog separates easily and is happy at other people's houses. I'm mindful of the neighbours and wouldn't like to leave a constantly barking dog here if we are out or I'm at work.
- your dog is happy to sleep outside or in our laundry
- your dog is not a digger! We have three chickens who free range in an area up the sideway and want to ensure they'll remain safe
- your dog is known as a child-friendly breed and has experience with children. (My children are 8 and 10 years old)