We're super excited about hosting friendly pets in our home and giving them individual care and attention, playing games and getting to know their personality.
After saying goodbye to our much-loved Labrador, my children and I decided we'd like to become occasional pet sitters.
- We usually only take one booking at a time, so your pet (or pets if you have two) gets individual care in a family-like environment
- I work and will be out of the house from 9am-5pm some days
- We have a large securely fenced yard and a large undercover deck for rainy days
- BYO food, bedding, leash and favourite toys
- we are close to the beach and like a good beach walk
We are only doing this from time to time (often on school holidays or long weekends), as a way of still being able to enjoy pets around the home! We are selective about which dogs we host and are more likely to accept your booking if:
- your dog is known as a child-friendly breed and has experience with children. (My children are 8 and 11 years old).
- your dog separates easily and is happy at other people's houses. I'm mindful of the neighbours and wouldn't like to leave a constantly barking dog here if we are out or I'm at work.
- your dog is happy to sleep outside or in our laundry
We have had some great dogs over the last few years we've been doing MadPaws, including a labradoodle, beagle-spaniel, border collie-kelpies, and we're so pleased to now be getting repeat bookings! It's like welcoming old friends back!