We're super excited about hosting friendly pets in our home and giving them individual care and attention, playing games and getting to know their personality.
After saying goodbye to our much-loved Labrador, my children and I decided we'd like to become occasional pet sitters.
- Your pet(s) get individual care in a family-like environment
- I work and will be out of the house from 9am-5pm some days
- We have a large securely fenced yard and a large undercover deck for rainy days
- BYO food, bedding, leash and favourite toys
- we are close to the beach and like a good beach walk with a dog!
We are only doing this from time to time (often on school holidays or long weekends), as a way of still being able to enjoy pets around the home! We are selective about which dogs we host and are more likely to accept your booking if:
- your dog is known as a child-friendly breed and has experience with children. (My children are 8 and 11 years old).
- your dog separates easily and is happy at other people's houses. I'm mindful of the neighbours and wouldn't like to leave a constantly barking dog here if we are out or I'm at work.
- your dog is happy to sleep outside or in our laundry
We have had some great dogs over the last few years we've been doing MadPaws, including a labradoodle, beagle-spaniel, border collie-kelpies, and we're so pleased to now be getting repeat bookings! It's like welcoming old friends back! ...
Children at home
Pets sleep indoors
Pets sleep outdoors
A full refund will be offered to Pet Owners if they cancel up until 7 days before the booking at 12 noon. After which Pet Owners will be charged 50% of the total booking value.
Accepts last-minute bookings
Accepts long-term bookings
Reviews & Testimonials
repeat4 repeat stays
Pet Hosting - Nov 6, 2019
Rowena and her two lovely children took excellent care of our Milo and I wouldn't hesitate to use her again.…
Pet Hosting - Oct 4, 2019
Rowena and her family took such good care of our dogs, i don't think they wanted to leave! thank you …
This was our first use of MadPaws and are very happy we found Rowena.
Ruby and Pearl had a great time with Rowena and her two lovely children who had clearly bonded with them both.
We look forward to seeing Rowena again…