We offer an exclusive, cost effective, family orientated and safe alternative to pet motels. (click on 'read more' for further details).
We offer ‘pet hosting’ services (at our residence) for dogs and caged animals (i.e birds etc) and ‘in-home sitting’ (at your residence) for ALL types of pets that can be safely and securely left at your residence.
We have some of the most competitive rates on the Fraser Coast, as well as a flexible booking and cancellation policy to accommodate any unexpected circumstances as we understand that in the era of covid the best laid plans can change without warning.
For all services:
• Please note that the service fees do not include food for your pet. Adequate quantities of food (including treats) must be provided by the pet owner at time the booking commences.
• We can accommodate any special needs (within reason) to help your pet adjust to life without you around. Your pet’s happiness is just as important to us as it is to you.
• All bookings are subject to a ‘meet and greet’ as per Mad Paws requirements. Last minute / emergency bookings or other circumstances can be accommodated on the day of booking. https://help.madpaws.com.au/support/solutions/articles/9000164044-what-is-a-meet-and-greet-
• All payment and bookings must be made exclusively via the Mad Paws platform. https://help.madpaws.com.au/support/solutions/articles/9000069619-can-i-receive-payment-for-a-booking-in-cash-
For ‘pet hosting’ services:
• We only accept one client at a time so you can be confident that your pet won’t be exposed to other animals that you’re not aware of. Any bookings will exclusively consist of only your pet and ours. For this reason, I recommend quickly securing your booking once approved.
• We do accept multiple dogs from the same client.
• We don’t require evidence of vaccinations (etc) however our super friendly Leroy is fully vaccinated and wormed etc, records can be produced upon request.
• Our Leroy gets along with dogs of all shapes and sizes and we do a controlled introduction to ensure everyone is happy (contingency plans are in place if there is an issue).
• Our fence is fully secure, and we have three loving and highly empathetic children (9½ – 12 years old) that love animals and will help to care for them and keep them entertained. It is important that your pet gets along with (or at least tolerates) children. Our children WILL be supervised whilst interacting with your pet.
• Our yard is considered small - medium size so there is room to keep them entertained, however we also have direct access to a dog park and we are located within a short walk to the beach (hosted pets will not be let off the lead unless specified by clients).
• An afternoon walk is conducted each day for at least ½ an hour pending weather, the fitness level of the pet or other advice provided by the client.
For ‘in-home sitting’ (your residence):
• We have a current police check and a system in place to digitally record our visits so that your security is not compromised. Additional services such as putting the bin out and collecting mail can be conducted as part of the service.
• All ‘in home’ services are limited to the general Hervey Bay area i.e. Pt Vernon - Urangan - Booral. If you are unsure of coverage feel free to lodge an enquiry for consideration.
• It is our preference that pet transfers remain the responsibility of the pet owner. Situations where pick and drop off are necessary can be accommodated through our Uber service at the standard service rate. Booking and payment for this service is the client’s responsibility. Further information can be provided upon request.
• At times travel to the beach in our vehicle may be required (Leroy likes his beach trips), this is included as part of the service fee. No travel to any location will be undertaken without prior authorisation from the client.
For non Hervey Bay based bookings:
• We are centrally located in the Hervey Bay CBD. Approx 25min drive (20km) to the River Heads Barge (to Fraser Island) and 11 minute (7km) drive to the Urangan Boat Harbour (i,e where whale watching boats depart).
• We are true blue locals and have lived here for roughly 40 years. If you are travelling to Fraser Island or around the Fraser Coast, we’d be more than happy to provide any advice and answer any questions you may have.
Why do we do this?:
This is not a commercial money-making enterprise. Some of our motivations include:
• We like to help out people that are in a spot (where we can), we know that having pets can sometimes create problems, especially if you want take a whale watching day trip or head over to explore Fraser Island (no pets are allowed in a national park). https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/before-you-visit/dogs-and-pets
• Our children, especially our 9+ year old twins love dogs, they can’t get enough of them, they would have them all if they could. Our children WILL be supervised whilst interacting with your pet.
• Our Leroy has undertaken a few stays through Mad Paws and when he came home he was a bit depressed as he didn’t have anydog to chew stuff with. We use this as an opportunity for him to make some friends and become accustomed to interacting with other dogs.
Peace of mind:
• You will be provided with multiple updates per day through the Mad Paws platform so you can be continually rest assured that your pet is safe and well.
• We highly recommend installing the Mad Paws app for the duration of the booking to ensure ease of access to the updates. It is available via Google Play or the Apple App Store. https://www.madpaws.com.au/blog/mad-paws-new-app/
End of Stay:
• At the completion of the booking please refer to the below link for instruction on how to conclude the booking. Mad Paws requires that clients confirm conclusion of the booking.