Mad Paws is your #1 go-to pet sitting community online in Australia, where pet owners can find trusted pet sitters near their homes. With more than 6,000 trusted sitters, you can book in any pet-related services such as pet sitting, dog walking, daycare or house visiting. Whether you are gone for a few hours or for an extended holiday, Mad Paws wants you to enjoy your holiday with peace of mind, knowing that your pet is not only safe, but also having fun!
• Drive PR for the Mad Paws brand, across social media, print, web, and television
• Create, develop, and launch PR and social media campaigns to drive brand awareness and acquisition
• Coordinate with Marketing, Operations, Design, and Product departments on key projects, opportunities and campaigns
• Develop a PR calendar, including events to expand awareness of the Mad Paws brand
• Build and develop relationships with media to position Mad Paws as the market leader for Pet Services in Australia
• You use data to continuously optimise your activities with an intention to scale
• You work from our office in Sydney reporting to the Head of Marketing & CEO
This is you:
• You have gained over 2-3 years of PR experience, in-house or with an agency
• You have a solid knowledge of pets, lifestyle and the Australian media landscape with an existing contact list
• You have a strong analytical mindset and a performance-driven approach to PR
• You have strong communication skills and demonstrate strong writing abilities
• You are highly motivated and a team player, excited to work with a great team of global entrepreneurs and partner cross-functionally to create brand awareness and memorable campaigns
• You take initiative, seek opportunities and ask questions when necessary
• You are eager to learn and constantly improve yourself; we constantly need to find better ways to do things
• You know how to prioritise and understand that perfection is not the goal: we need to get things done
• You have a passion for pets and can identify yourself with our product
• You have interest in the shared economy and disruptive business models a plus
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Mad Paws?
If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something grow really quickly, and loves directly seeing the impact of your work, then you need to get on board. We’ve got double digit month-on-month growth and we need you to keep it there!
You love learning from the people around you and love teaching them something new as well.
You enjoy working with a young, passionate and driven team.
What we offer:
• An interesting industry with great potential
• The opportunity to learn on a daily basis while having true impact
• Entrepreneurial mindsets no matter where you are looking
• Being in the middle of Sydney’s booming start-up hub (fishburners.org)