HEAD OF TECHNOLOGY IN HIGH GROWTH VENTURE CAPITAL BACKED STARTUP
Join the Mad Paws team!
Mad Paws Pty Ltd (www.madpaws.com.au) is a Sydney-based Internet startup. We are Australia’s largest market place for pet sitting and pet related services. We launched only 1.5 years ago and have been showing strong and accelerated growth, which we are very excited about. Our team is driven, capable and very hard working! We are young and hungry; enjoying every minute of this exciting adventure with a clear goal to win! We recently finalised a $1.1m financing round from great investors, which will allow us to significantly scale up. YOU can be part of this exciting new chapter from the very beginning! Are you a winner? Are you driven by a passion for making an impact? Are you keen to learn?
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, yes you have a team, but you love the craft of shipping elegant and efficient code;
- Building a scalable and robust platform that can handle the huge growth we’re experiencing;
- You’ll conduct regular code-reviews, coach team members and grow an amazing technical team;
- Guide the Agile development process, you’ve probably been a Scrum master or technical lead before, so you know exactly what to do;
- Help us set up efficient DevOps procedures, including version control, TDD and CI. You don’t need to be an expert; you just need to learn it super quick!
- While you’re doing all of the above, you’ll constantly be researching and discovering new ways to improve our server configuration, infrastructure and set up logging systems.
Required skills and professional experience:
- Self-motivated and ready to take the initiative in developing and deploying the latest in web technologies;
- 3+ years using Laravel/ MVC frameworks (or equivalent) to build web applications;
- 3+ years using scripting languages built for web development (at least 1+ years using PHP);
- 3+ years with Relational Database design and optimisation (especially MySQL);
- 2+ years working in Agile environment, with experience in setting up TDD and CI development processes;
- 1+ years experience setting up Apache server technology (or equivalent);
- 1+ years experience setting up and working with GIT (or equivalent);
- 1+ years experience setting up AWS services such as EC2, RDS (or equivalent);
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Engineering, Science or Mathematics.
And of course, because everyone is looking for their own personal unicorn, we also expect some experience in the following areas:
- Have you dabbled in some Machine Learning and Big Data? There is some insane complexity trying to play a match-maker for pets, pet parents and pet minders;
- Building mobile APIs, essentially a fluid cross-platform web app experience;
- Implementing Memcache clusters for caching and performance optimisation;
- Setting up NewRelic for app health monitoring and logging (or equivalent).
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Mad Paws?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something grow really quickly, like the time complexity of dirty X^N algorithm, then you need to get on board. We’ve got a strong double digit month on month growth and we need your help to keep it there!
- You’re going to end up growing our local on-shore team, so you need to love sharing your knowledge and mentoring junior developers;
- You’re genuinely passionate about how humans interact with technology. You understand the nitty-gritty, but then you’ll be able to tell a story about some new framework and get business folks excited about it!
- You don’t mind working with a young, passionate and driven team, you’ll pass the “would I have a drink with this guy/gal” test.
When and where is this happening:
- This is a full-time position and we’re looking to fill the role as soon as possible.
- We’re currently based in Sydney’s largest co-working tech hub Fishburners.
- Perks include:
- Free coffee, ping pong tables and awesome chill out areas (in the building);
- Wentworth park and Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre just down the road;
- 10 minutes walk from Central Station;
- 1-minute walk from Chinatown and all that amazing food!
We’re super excited to receive your applications and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Chris (Head of Product) and Alexis (CEO)
- Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter to Chris@madpaws.com.au