We are looking for an enthusiastic Account Manager with strong communication and problem-solving skills, who doesn’t shy away from in-person and phone interactions. Affinity with pets, toughness, independence, initiative, persistence, empathy and the ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment are required to ensure you provide the world-class service our brand stands for. You will convert leads into customers and will be helping users to find the perfect solution for their pets. You'll be excited to leave them with a WOW experience that exceeds anyone's expectations (genuinely willing to help our customers has been our best working sales method!). You will be required to educate and on-board new customers and help shape the company with the insights you gather along the way. This is an intense, business-side startup role which has a clear and direct impact on the growth of our business.
- Converting leads into customers:
- Calling up large accounts to help them find the perfect pet sitter and guiding them through the booking process;
- Explaining to potential customers how Mad Paws suits their needs;
- Creating, developing, implementing and improving sales strategies.
- Proactively helping users:
- Reaching out to users at different stages of their user experience and delivering exceptional user support that amazes everyone and drives word of mouth. Examples may be:
- Helping users and their pets find the perfect sitter in their area;
- Receiving and responding to feedback from users;
- Re-engaging members who may not have used us for a while.
- On-boarding and educating our users
- Explaining how to use the website / app in the best way possible:
- Helping our sitters do the best possible pet sitting job;
- Building awareness and encouraging repeat use amongst existing customers.
- Strategic and Operational:
- The insights you will get from interaction with our users are invaluable. With these insights you will help shape this company, its processes and technology:
- Documenting user insights and working with the Product team to identify opportunities for product and process improvements;
- Thinking alongside and strategizing with our Product team on how sales activities can be scaled by means of technology;
- Working with the Lead Account Manager to create processes and protocols to ensure best practice is always followed.
- You have a passion for helping others and delivering a best-in-class user experience;
- You have an affinity with pets: this will help you understand and communicate with our users who absolutely love pets;
- You are not afraid of calling up customers;
- You can sell: you quickly understand people's needs and you are able to connect the dots on how we can help them find a solution that meets their needs;
- You have high attention to detail and accuracy: you are highly organised and system oriented;
- You are able to execute tasks efficiently and effectively;
- You are eager to learn and constantly improve yourself; we constantly need to find better ways to do things;
- You know how to prioritise and understand that perfection is not the goal: we need to get things done;
- You are a great written and verbal communicator and don’t shy away from phone or in-person interactions;
- You can quickly and efficiently troubleshoot problems and are a problem solver at heart;
- If you don’t know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask;
- You are energetic and enthusiastic;
- You are sufficiently tech savvy: you understand how our website and app work and are able to work with different systems;
- You are self-motivated and take initiative;
- You are a great team player.
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Mad Paws?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes to be a part of a fast-growing environment and loves to directly see the impact of your work, then Mad Paws is for you! We’ve got double digit month-on-month growth and we need YOU to help us keep it there;
- If you love learning from the people around you, as well as taking the time to teach them some new tricks as well;
- If you enjoy working with a young, passionate and driven team.
When and where is this happening:
- This is a full-time position starting October/November 2017;
- Looking to fill the position ASAP, but we are determined to find the right fit;
- Great office in the Sharing Hub – 4 leading market place start-ups that teamed up to learn from each other and help accelerate the Australian Shared Economy space.