Join the Mad Paws team!
With 25 million pets and counting, Australians love their pets, and leaving them while on holiday, at work or even during the day can be stressful for both animals and their humans! Mad Paws takes away that stress, allowing pet owners to search for nearby sitters and find someone who really cares to look after their best friend when they can’t.
Mad Paws is made up of a talented and passionate team working towards creating the largest pet sitting community in Australia. We work hard but also play hard, making sure never to take ourselves too seriously and enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure. Whilst experiencing this huge growth, we need to have the right people in place to support this growth, so we can make the absolute most of it. You would be a critical part of the team supporting those around you in the best way possible.
We are building our new on-demand platform for dog walking and we are looking to expand our team. To do this, we are looking for a Business Development/Business Admin intern who is interested in learning and in taking part of our new fast-growing on-demand project. Your role will predominantly help manage our booking process, whilst also being directly involved in improving and creating processes to help our new project scale. You will be working directly with our Growth Manager, and have support from the whole team at Mad Paws to help grow and scale this exciting new project.
We are looking for someone with strong communication and problem-solving skills, who doesn’t shy away from in-person and phone interactions. Affinity with pets, toughness, independence, initiative, persistence, empathy and the ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment are required to ensure you provide the world-class service our brand stands for. This internship would ideally suit a student, recent graduate or those looking for part-time work – can be planned flexibly around your time.
This is a paid internship.
- Providing an amazing experience for our users:
- Successfully organise and fulfil on-demand bookings (includes: finding the perfect pet sitter and guiding customers through the booking process, managing and coordinating pet sitters);
- Educate and on-board our new customers;
- Reaching out to users at different stages of their user experience and delivering exceptional user support that amazes everyone and drives word of mouth.
- Business Admin:
- Issuing customer payments, invoices, and updating customer files;
- Organise and keep track of Sitter payments;
- Maintain and keep track of all bookings;
- Report weekly key metrics.
- Business Development
- Working with the Growth Manager to create and improve processes and protocols to ensure best practice is always followed. e.g. booking management, customer payments, resource payment;
- Generate demand through outbound prospecting;
- Improve the conversion and retention rates for our users;
- Funnel optimisation through creative marketing hacks, website optimisation, customer journey optimisation.
- You have an affinity with pets: this will help you understand and communicate with our users who absolutely love pets;
- You can sell: you quickly understand people’s needs and you are able to connect the dots on how we can help them find a solution that meets their needs;
- You have an entrepreneurial and Startup Mindset; You love the startup journey, and love being part of a growth-focused team;
- Must demonstrate strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise.
- A multitasker. This role will require wearing a lot of hats!
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken. Able to confidently express ideas;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Positive attitude enthusiastic and able to contribute at any given stage through the process;
- You are eager to learn and constantly improve yourself; we constantly need to find better ways to do things.
- You have had experience in a customer facing role;
- Ideally you are currently studying or have studied commerce, business, marketing, economics, accounting, finance, or a related degree.
- Previous experience in a startup environment is a plus;
- You are comfortable working in Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, etc.).
Is Mad Paws is the right fit for you?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes to be a part of a fast growing environment and loves to directly see the impact of your work, then Mad Paws is for you!
- We’ve got double digit month-on-month growth and we need you to help us keep it there!
- If you enjoy working with a young, passionate and driven team, you’ll fit in perfectly with the Mad Paws Pack.
What, When and where this is happening:
- Workload: Approx. 20 hours per week (We are flexible)
- Timeframe: 3 months: October 2018 to December 2018
- This is a part-time position;
- Paid Internship
- The position is based in our pet friendly HQ in Pyrmont, Sydney;
- We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible, but we are determined to find the right fit.
We’re super excited to receive your application and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Please email your CV and motivation letter to Nathalie at email@example.com