Who We Are
With 25 million pets and counting, Australians love their pets and leaving them while on holiday, at work or even during the day can be stressful for both animals and their humans! Mad Paws is Australia’s largest marketplace for pet sitting and pet related services; the platform allows pet owners to search for pet sitters in their local area and find someone to look after their best friend when they’re not around. We launched 4 years ago and we have been showing extremely strong growth, which we are very excited about. We are venture backed and recently partnered with Qantas to accelerate our expansion.
The Mad Paws Pack is made up of a talented and passionate team working towards creating the largest pet community in Australia. We work hard, whilst also making sure to never take ourselves too seriously and enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure.
As the leader of the Product Management and UX Design Functions at Mad Paws it will be your responsibility to create the most amazing digital service experience on the market for our community of passionate, pet lovers.
Starting at the top, you will collaborate with the executive team to define business strategy. By understanding the customer, the product and the business’ needs you will drive focus for the product roadmap by defining which metrics matter and why we’re building the features we’re building.
At the ground-level, you will have to get your hands dirty using tactical and soft skills to do whatever it takes to ship and deliver a high quality product that hits business revenue targets whilst maintaining high frequency releases.
Importantly, you are an inspiring people leader, heading up the Product Team and setting an example for the larger team (35 people) as part of the leadership team.
- Leadership. A high-performing, results driven and passionate product leader. You care about your team and they feel it. You are inspiring, decisive, take ownership, empower your team, and don’t shy away from tough decisions.
- Experience. Proven experience with 5+ years in Product Management
- Abstraction. Ability to traverse the gap between high-level strategic requirements and low-level functional business logic.
- Adaptability. You thrive in ambiguous situations and dynamic environments
- Prioritisation. You’re full of crazy ideas but pragmatic enough to ship just the highest impact ones.
- Love Data. Ability to leverage data to make decisions and create insightful story-telling
- Lean. You constantly look for faster and more efficient ways to deliver product without compromising quality.
- Team Player. You are a great team player and have ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Pets. Being a little bit mad about pets is an absolute must!
- Bonus Points:
- Worked in a scaleup that has grown to $10M+ annual recurring revenue
- Worked as a growth PM with experience in on-site technical SEO
- Worked in a Service-based Marketplace product
These are some of the tools (or equivalent) that we expect you to be proficient with.
- Business Analysis
- User Stories
- Acceptance Criteria
- Requirements Gathering
- Design and Delivery
- Task Flows
- User Journeys
- Market Research and Customer Development
- User Interviews
- Contextual Enquiry
- Growth and Data
- Mixpanel and Segment
- Google Analytics
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Mad Paws?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something scale really quickly, and loves directly seeing the impact of their work, then you need to get on board.
- You love learning from the people around you and love teaching them something new as well
- You enjoy working with a passionate and driven team of high performing individuals who respectfully challenge themselves and each other to deliver the best experience for our users
Where is this happening:
- Based in Pyrmont Sydney. Our own office but part of WOTSO Co-Working Space
- Perks include:
- Free coffee, cookies and awesome chill out areas (in the building);
- A passionate and hard working team
- Of course, dog in the office!
- 15 minutes walk from Town Hall Station;
- 10 minute walk from Chinatown
- 1 minute walk from the Sydney Fishmarkets
We’re super excited to receive your applications and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter to our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org