Join the Mad Paws team!
With 25 million pets and counting, Australians love their pets. Whether you’re taking a holiday, heading to work, or just spending the day out, leaving your pet can be stressful. Mad Paws takes away that stress, allowing Pet Owners to search for local, vetted, and insured Pet Sitters. Through Mad Paws, Pet Owners can find the right person to look after their furry friend when they can’t.
Mad Paws is made up of a talented and passionate team working towards creating the largest Pet Sitting community in Australia. We maintain partnerships with Qantas and PETstock, and were ranked #14 on LinkedIn’s Top 25 Australian Startups of 2018. We work hard but also play hard, making sure we enjoy every minute of this challenging and exciting adventure.
The safety of all pets during bookings is paramount to us, so we are looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on Chief Firefighter! In your role you’ll be primarily helping to ensure world class service levels through prevention and the efficient resolution of issues and claims that could arise from bookings on Mad Paws. You would also help us create the best way to maintain a high standard of pet sitters and you would continuously be looking for new ways to help ensure every booking runs as smoothly as possible for our pets and Pet Owners. As Mad Paws continues to grow, the need to ensure that our sitters continue to provide a high quality pet sitting service has become more and more apparent.
This is a newly created role where you will be liaising with and reporting directly to our Pet Sitter Manager. A part of this new and exciting position, will be to help us improve the processes we have in place to deal with incidents and insurance claims as well as creating new processes & policies where and when they are needed. You will be our Chief Firefighter and main go-to person for all insurance-related questions and will be responsible for the renewal of our insurance policies. You should have strong writing skills and most importantly hands-on experience in dealing with customers and claims.
- Quality Control & Relationship Building:
- Building a great relationship with our Pet Sitters, and learning from them to continuously improve the way we interact with them;
- Following up on bookings to make sure the quality of the service we provide is kept to the highest standard;
- Rewarding those Pet Sitters who have continuously provided exceptional services to Pet Owners;
- Supporting our Pet Sitter Manager where needed.
- Trust and Safety:
- Creating processes and protocols to ensure best practices are followed in any given incident and for any given insurance claim;
- Investigating all incidents & complaints and communicating effectively with all parties;
- Investigating and managing all insurance claims with diligence;
- Being the main point of contact for our Customer Service and Account Management Teams regarding best practices in dealing with incidents;
- Researching areas for improvement to minimise the risk of incidents and claims;
- Pro-actively searching for process & product improvements and communicating these to the Product Team.
- You have a genuine passion for helping people;
- You are extremely trustworthy;
- You are an animal lover and have a deep knowledge of looking after pets (Bonus: You have used Mad Paws as an Owner or a Pet Sitter);
- High attention to detail is a must;
- Ideally you have experience in a customer-facing role involving incident management & claims;
- Knowledge in either Animal Health or Insurance is a plus;
- You provide de-escalation and empathy during tough and sensitive situations;
- You understand the power of data and are either efficient in Excel or are willing to enhance your skills;
- You understand that Trust and Safety is paramount in our marketplace;
- You have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multitask;
- You are a great written and verbal communicator and don’t shy away from phone or in-person interactions;
- You can quickly and efficiently troubleshoot problems and are a problem solver at heart;
- If you don’t know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask;
- You are energetic and enthusiastic;
- You are self-motivated and take initiatives;
- You are a great team player.
Is Mad Paws is the right fit for you?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes to be a part of a fast growing environment and loves to directly see the impact of your work, then Mad Paws is for you!
- We’ve got double digit month-on-month growth and we need you to help us keep it there!
- We have just been ranked #14 in the LinkedIn Best Startups to work for in Australia. If you enjoy working with a passionate, and driven team, you’ll fit in perfectly with the Mad Paws Pack.
When and where this is happening:
- This is a full-time position;
- The position is based in our pet friendly HQ in Pyrmont, Sydney (read: lots of dogs in the office all the time!);
- We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible, but we are determined to find the right fit.
We’re super excited to receive your application and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Please email your CV and motivation letter to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Strictly no recruiters or agencies**