OPERATIONS MANAGER – SYDNEY
Join the Mad Paws team!
Mad Paws is a Sydney-based Internet start-up. We are Australia’s largest marketplace for pet sitting and pet related services. With 25 million pets and counting, Australians love their pets and leaving them while they are on holiday, at work or even just during the day can be stressful for both the animals and their humans! Mad Paws takes away that stress and allows pet owners to search for nearby sitters to find someone who really cares to look after their best friend when they can't.
Mad Paws launched 3 years ago and we have been showing strong and accelerated growth, which we are very excited about. The Mad Paws Pack is made up of a talented and passionate team working towards creating the largest pet community in Australia. Our team is driven, capable and very hard working! We are young and hungry; enjoying every minute of this exciting adventure with a clear goal to win!
We are building a team of exceptional individuals and we are looking for an enthusiastic person with strong communication and problem-solving skills. Affinity with pets, toughness, independence, persistence, empathy and the ability to adapt fast to a changing environment are required. This is a role which has a clear and direct impact on the growth of our business with important strategic and executional components.
Your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Operational – day-to-day:
- Managing the offshore Customer Success team, and being the main point of contact for escalations;
- Managing and dealing with all Insurance Claims;
- Continuously implementing processes to improve the quality of pet sitters and pet owners on Mad Paws;
- Setting up weekly meeting minutes for the various team meetings, including the preparation of weekly results;
- Processing payments to our pet sitters, and performing account reconciliation;
- Supporting the Head of Operations where needed.
- Performing extensive business analysis on a monthly basis to analyse the overall performance of the company;
- Reporting and presenting results obtained from the monthly analysis to support the executive team in their strategic decision making and their communication to various stakeholders (investors, board of directors, etc.);
- Assisting the Head of Operations in setting up new analysis and reporting files whenever new data requests arise.
- Setting up new processes and continuing to improve existing processes;
- Conducting training and developing incentives for the offshore Customer Success team in Manila;
- Collaborating with the Head of Operations to create quarterly OKR’s, and help monitor our progress throughout the quarter;
- Working on various operational projects to continuously help grow and improve the Operations department;
- Assisting the Head of Operations with the recruitment of new employees and the creation/definition of entirely new Operations roles;
- Strategising about the future of the Operations Department and helping to shape it to ensure we are able to sustain our rapid growth.
- You have an affinity with pets: this will help you understand and communicate with our users who absolutely love pets;
- You are self-motivated and you take the initiative;
- Efficiency and process obsession. You hate inefficient processes and you are skilled at creating processes to eliminate them;
- You are people focused. You’re naturally great at dealing with people; whether listening to our customers, absorbing insights from other internal teams, or setting proper expectations with internal stakeholders and managing a team;
- You are eager to learn and constantly improve yourself; we constantly need to find better ways to do things;
- You know how to prioritise and understand that perfection is not the goal: we need to get things done;
- You are highly organised and system orientated: you will help Mad Paws scale efficiently;
- You are energetic and enthusiastic;
- You are tech savvy: it is important to always think: “How can technology solve our problems?”;
- You are a great team player.
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Mad Paws?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something grow really quickly, and loves directly seeing the impact of your work, then you need to get on board. We’ve got double digit month-on-month growth and we need you to keep it there!
- You love learning from the people around you and you love teaching them something new as well.
- You enjoy working with a young, passionate and driven team.
When and where is this happening:
- This is a full-time position;
We’re super excited to receive your applications and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Tahnee (Head of Operations) and Alexis (CEO)
- Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter to Tahnee@madpaws.com.au