Business Development Manager
With 25 million pets and counting, Australians love their pets and leaving them while on holiday, at work or even during the day can be stressful for both animals and their humans! Mad Paws takes away that stress, allowing pet owners to search for nearby sitters and find someone who really cares to look after their best friend when they can't.
The Mad Paws Pack is made up of a talented and passionate team working towards creating the largest pet community in Australia. We work hard, whilst also making sure to never take ourselves too seriously and enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure.
Your role will be to build and manage the Mad Paws’ online store. This is where we will sell branded & trending pet products to our Mad Paws users. You will be solely responsible for creating and building our online store, from the ground up, and so you will be expected to deliver in 3 core areas:
1. Research & Inventory:
· Market research and competitor analysis into online stores;
· Research and keeping on top of trending products for our pet owners;
· Working with suppliers and building business cases for products;
· Verify and maintain the quality of the products we are selling.
· Validate the products and the relevant market before launching;
· Define the value proposition & target marketing surrounding the store and products;
· Work together with the broader Mad Paws marketing team.
3. Product & Operations
· Research and decide on the platform Mad Paws will use to host our online store;
· Create and optimise the processes and best practices surrounding the online store;
· Create, manage and scale the fulfilment, returns and customer support relating to the online store.
You are a pet owner and have a love for all animals;
You are a young entrepreneur who wants to show the world your skills;
You have experience selling products online via Shopify, Ebay or Online Store;
You are able to make decisions based on data and you have a love for numbers;
You have adequate Excel knowledge and know how to do a Vlookup and use Pivot tables;
You have some technical skills and tricks for Shopify;
You take the initiative and seek challenging situations;
You have an understanding of the different marketing channels and how they work;
You are highly organised and are results orientated;
You are analytical in the way you think;
You have strong written and verbal communication skills;
You have relevant education and qualifications.
So you’ve got the skills, and you want to know whether Mad Paws is the right fit for you?
If you’re the kind of person who likes to be a part of a fast growing environment and loves to directly see the impact of your work, then Mad Paws is for you! We’ve got double digit month-on-month growth and we need you to help us keep it there!
If you love learning from the people around you, as well as taking the time to teach them something new as well;
If you enjoy, and want to, work with a young, passionate and driven team.
When and where is this happening:
This is a full-time position;
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible, but we are determined to find the right fit;
The position is based in our office in Pyrmont, Sydney.
We’re super excited to receive your applications and we can’t wait to meet you!
Karim Mouahbi – Head of marketing;
Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Please make the subject of your email: New Busines Manager – Your Name
**Strictly no recruiters or agencies**