Join the Mad Paws team!
With 25 million pets and counting, Australians love their pets, and leaving them while on holiday, at work or even during the day can be stressful for both animals and their humans! Mad Paws takes away that stress, allowing pet owners to search for nearby sitters and find someone who really cares to look after their best friend when they can’t.
Mad Paws is made up of a talented and passionate team working towards creating the largest pet sitting community in Australia. We work hard but also play hard, making sure never to take ourselves too seriously and enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure. Whilst experiencing this huge growth, we need to have the right people in place to support this growth, so we can make the absolute most of it. You would be a critical part of the team supporting those around you in the best way possible.
We are building a growing team of exceptional individuals and with it comes the need to professionalise this organisation. To do this, we are looking for an Office Unicorn with outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail. Our people are at the heart of our accomplishments and it is crucial that they are supported as much as possible. In this role, your work will revolve around all aspects of Office Administration, Facilities Management, Financial Administration, People & Culture. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Strategy & Operations, and will work closely together with the whole team at Mad Paws.
- Office Administration & Facilities:
- Records Management (mostly digital): filing and managing documents (eg. contracts, medical certificates, invoices, etc);
- Keeping track of office supplies and timely ordering new ones;
- Being the main point of contact for Wotso office management;
- Organising changes to the office layout and logistics relating to office relocations and expansions, seating plans and furniture procurement (eg. desks, computer screens, etc);
- Maintaining a clean and tidy office environment;
- Assisting the Head of Strategy & Ops in the implementation of new processes & office policies.
- Basic Financial Administration:
- Reviewing & paying monthly inbound invoices;
- Supporting our external accountants with information for employee payment runs.
- People & Culture:
- Playing a role in employee on- and off-boarding (both on- and offshore teams):
- Organising contracts for new employees;
- System access management;
- Internship & Employee feedback;
- Overseeing all leave & payroll information for onshore teams in Xero & assisting employees with their questions;
- Keeping track of the Office Calendar & supporting office events;
- Preparing monthly team updates;
- Coordinating the yearly Performance Reviews for the onshore and offshore teams;
- Researching office & HR tools to allow the company to scale.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a similar role;
- You have a genuine passion for helping people;
- You care about employee happiness & job satisfaction;
- You are extremely trustworthy and are a natural go-to person for other employees;
- You have a high attention to detail and accuracy;
- You are very system oriented: you continuously try to make processes more efficient;
- You have outstanding organisational skills;
- You are comfortable with numbers (Microsoft Excel knowledge is a plus);
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to prioritise and multitask;
- Initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and implement projects and ideas;
- Experience with Xero is a big plus;
- Ability to work autonomously and independently to achieve objectives;
- You are a great written and verbal communicator;
- You can quickly and efficiently troubleshoot problems and are a problem solver at heart;
- If you don’t know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask;
- You are energetic and enthusiastic;
- You are self-motivated and take initiatives;
- You are a great team player.
When and where is this happening
- This is a part-time position (24 hours) with the potential for a full-time role in the near future (we are growing super fast!);
- Hours preferably spread out over 4-5 weekdays (we are flexible);
- Looking to fill the position ASAP, but we are determined to find the right fit;
- Great office in the Sharing Hub – 4 leading marketplace start-ups that teamed up to learn from each other and help accelerate the Australian Shared Economy space.
Location: SYDNEY (Pyrmont)
We’re super excited to receive your applications and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Tahnee (Head of Strategy & Operations)
- Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter to Tahnee@madpaws.com.au