HEAD OF OPERATIONS IN HIGH GROWTH VENTURE BACKED STARTUP
Join the Mad Paws team!
Mad Paws Pty Ltd (www.madpaws.com.au) is a Sydney-based Internet startup. We are Australia’s largest market place for pet sitting and pet related services. We launched only 1.5 years ago and have been showing strong and accelerated growth, which we are very excited about. Our team is driven, capable and very hard working! We are young and hungry; enjoying every minute of this exciting adventure with a clear goal to win! We recently finalised a $1.1m financing round from great investors, which will allow us to significantly scale up. YOU can be part of this exciting new chapter from the very beginning! Are you a winner? Are you driven by a passion for making an impact? Are you keen to learn?
Streamlining Operations and Customer Service are the keys to success in this market place. It is your job to make sure demand is connected to supply in the most efficient and scalable way possible. This is a very intense role that has a clear and direct impact on the growth of our business with important strategic and executional components. Over time, as you grow into our Head of Operations managing your own team, the work will shift more towards the strategic end.
Your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Quantitative: find the weaknesses and opportunities in the business OPS processes by quantifying them. For example: where are the drop-offs in our sales funnels and how are they related to OPS and customer support? What is the impact of sitter response rates on booking success?
- Qualitative: understand the user behaviour and psychology by managing our user-facing community team and by interacting with community members yourself;
- Prioritising: prioritise operational initiatives in line with business objectives.
- Strategic problem solving:
- Come up with creative and efficient solutions for our day-to-day challenges;
- These solutions will often require technical implementation, process documentation and training, which is why interaction with the Product team is very important;
- Other solutions will be more focussed on streamlining our support centre;
- The goal of these strategic solutions is to scale the business in the most efficient and cost effective way possible while delivering a WOW experience to our customers.
- After prioritising, you need to implement operational procedures. This might include planning workflows with Customer Success teams, measuring impact and iterating (post-implementation), working with 3rd party vendors and the Product team to deploy productivity software (think of CRM, Trello, Slack, etc.). Essentially, “change management”;
- A more concrete example is to design and iterate an online training programme for our pet sitters. You will also have a deep understanding of how training initiatives tie into the key metrics of the business, and you will own monitoring and reporting of our OPS performance and service levels against strategic goals.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter: you are self-motivated and you take the initiative;
- Very analytical. In order to manage quality and efficiency in our processes, you are able to constantly monitor and understand trends data, and use it to make the right business adjustments;
- Efficiency and process obsession. You hate inefficient processes and you are skilled at creating processes to eliminate them. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate;
- People focused. You’re naturally great at dealing with people; whether listening to our customers, absorbing insights from other internal teams, or setting proper expectations with internal stakeholders and managing a team;
- You are eager to learn and constantly improve yourself; we constantly need to find better ways to do things;
- You know how to prioritise and understand that perfection is not the goal: we need to get things done and to iterate quickly while constantly improving service levels;
- You are highly organised and system orientated: you will help Mad Paws scale efficiently;
- You are energetic and enthusiastic;
- You are tech savvy: it is important to always think: “How can technology solve our problems?”;
- You have an affinity with pets; this will help you understand our users better who absolutely love pets;
- You are a great team player;
- Bachelor degree required.
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Mad Paws?
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something grow really quickly, and loves directly seeing the impact of your work, then you need to get on board. We’ve got double digit month-on-month growth and we need you to keep it there!
- You love learning from the people around you and love teaching them something new as well.
- You enjoy working with a young, passionate and driven team.
When and where is this happening:
- This is a full-time position;
- Looking to fill the position as soon as possible, but we are determined to find the right fit;
- Based in Sydney. Own office but part of Sydney’s largest co-working tech hub Fishburners;
- Perks include:
- Free coffee, ping pong tables and awesome chill out areas (in the building);
- Wentworth park and Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre just down the road;
- 10 minutes walk from Central Station;
- 1-minute walk from Chinatown and all that amazing food!
We’re super excited to receive your applications and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Chris (Head of Product) and Alexis (CEO)
- Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter to Alexis@madpaws.com.au