Mad Paws is looking for a Pet Sitter Support Manager, responsible for accelerating growth of our Pet Sitting services and generally improving the quality of our Pet Sitters. As a part of the Customer Experience Team, they will be responsible for creating innovative solutions to identify growth opportunities by increasing Sitter supply and demand, Sitter quality, and engagement. They will also be responsible for the education of all our Pet Sitters by providing knowledge on how to succeed in a competitive two sided economy. The Pet Sitter Manager will drive adoption of the Mad Paws high standards by both the Pet Sitters and our Customer Success Team, who they will work alongside.
The safety of all pets during bookings is paramount to us, so you’ll be primarily responsible for maintaining the high standard of Sitters. You will also continuously look for new ways to help ensure every booking runs as smoothly as possible for our pets and Pet Owners. A large part of this exciting position will be to help us improve the processes we have in place, in addition to creating new processes where and when they are needed. You should have strong writing skills, high knowledge of Excel, and hands-on experience in dealing with customers. We are really looking forward to having someone who is focused on helping our Sitters do the best job they possibly can and ensuring we have enough supply for our exponentially growing demand!
This area is an integral cornerstone to the business and exciting because it is ever changing; there is always a new angle to explore and illuminate. We at Mad Paws are always open to new ideas as priorities can change day by day – stay on your toes!
Note: This is a full-time maternity cover position for the period of 12 months. With the current high growth in the business there may be an opportunity for integration into the company after said period.
The role is focused around 3 main areas:
Research and development
- This is the most exciting part of this role! It is all about owning the Pet Sitter side of the business to constantly improve the quality and the quantity of candidates coming through.
- Using a project based approach, making sure you have defined your goals and can measure your outcomes, with your wider team to gain their insights into mitigating the friction areas from sign up to them actively becoming our VIP Pet Sitters. The possibilities are endless!
- Directly manage the Trust and Safety Coordinator by providing them with guidance for their day to day tasks
- Assist the Trust and Safety Coordinator during difficult insurance cases
- Manage the performance and professional development of the Trust and Safety Coordinator
- Whatever you and your leader would envision!
Day to Day Operations
- Overseeing our Sitter verification process to screen, vet, and on-board our new Pet Sitters
- Updating the educational resources we have in place for our Sitters, including our online training course and any sitter related Knowledge Centre articles
- Processes payments so our Pet Sitters are paid and their payment queries are managed (with help from the Customer Experience Team)
- Executing processes that are in place to make sure that all our Sitters are active and responsive on Mad Paws
- Rewarding those Pet Sitters who have continuously provided exceptional services to Mad Paws Pet Owners
- And so much more!
- You have a genuine passion for helping people and for providing them with the best customer experience possible
- You are an animal lover and have a deep knowledge of looking after pets (Bonus: You have used Mad Paws as an Owner or a Pet Sitter)
- You love numbers and are excellent in Excel
- You understand that Trust and Safety is paramount in our marketplace
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise and multitask
- You are a great written and verbal communicator and don’t shy away from phone or in-person interactions
- You can quickly and efficiently troubleshoot problems and are a problem solver at heart
- You are energetic and enthusiastic
- You are self-motivated and take initiatives
- You are a great team player.
If you believe you are the one, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org