We will only consider applications through email which include the content requested below.
About the Role
Is social media the tool of your trade? Do you have a proven track record of growing businesses with hashtags and viral posts? Are you always the first person you know to discover a new social media trend or channel? If so, then we’d love to hear from you.
Mad Paws is on the hunt for a Social Media & Community Manager to take our online presence to the next level. The right candidate will report directly to the Head of Marketing, and liaise with various teams to meet targets. As this is a new role, the right candidate will have the experience to fully own our social media channels.
Position: Social Media & Community Manager
Reports to: Head of Marketing
In this role, you will:
- Plan and execute Mad Paws’ unpaid social media marketing strategy
- Manage social media channels across all of Mad Paws’ business units, including pet sitting, dog Food, and pet insurance
- Create original content for social media whilst also sourcing user-generated content
- Identify areas for growth, such as TikTok, Pinterest, Snapchat, and other future channels. Make a business case for pursuing such growth areas, then launch them with a bang
- Identify and utilise new features as they become available on existing social media channels
- Own and develop a testing framework for social media content, and use scheduling software to keep on top of multiple channels
- Meet and exceed social media KPIs, including reach and engagement; follower growth; and website traffic conversion
- Drive brand awareness and conversion by managing influencer campaigns
- Moderate our social media community of pet sitters; find new and innovative ways to engage with them; and inspire our sitters to create fresh user-generated content
- Plan and execute innovative engagement campaigns including competitions, sitter and owner engagement campaigns like finding Australia’s best pet sitter, etc.
- Align with the marketing team to ensure social media channels coordinated with wider marketing campaigns
- Ongoing involvement with other marketing & community activities
Let’s imagine you’ve occupied this role for two years already. In that time, you would have:
- Promoted Australia’s largest Easter Egg Hunt for Dogs over all social media channels
- Created and managed SnapChat, TikTok, and Pinterest accounts for Mad Paws
- Made engaging, tailored content for all of our existing social media channels
- Worked with the marketing team on the launch strategy for our new line of home-delivered dog meals
- Kept our social media community of pet sitters informed and uplifted during a COVID-triggered period of upheaval. You were equal parts moderator, educator, and cheerleader
- Built relationships with the right influencers to expand Mad Paws’ reach on social media
- Made a cavalcade of pithy dog memes using Photoshop or Canva
- Either crushed it with scheduling software like Sked Social, or found a more efficient means of content scheduling
- Creating BAU social media campaigns that align with all other areas of marketing
- Used social media as a conduit to bring more pet owners to our pet sitting, dog meals, and pet insurance websites
- Grown our follower base, engagement rate, and website conversion across all social media channels
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- 4 – 5 years of experience in social media and community management. You’re proud of your results, and you’re willing and able to share them with us
- A genuine love of social media. If social media were a language, you’d be fluent. Whenever a new feature, trend, or channel emerges, you’re the first one to know all about it
- Proven experience in identifying, recruiting, and managing influencers to promote your brand
- A flair for copyrighting, with the capacity to inhabit the brand you’re writing about. When someone reads one of your posts, they don’t think: “That post came from a company.” They declare: “That post came from a person called Mad Paws, and I want to be friends with them!”
- Experience analysing and reporting data. At Mad Paws, data drives what we do, which is why we get granular with our social media content.
- A track record of moderating online communities. You firmly enforce the rules when you need to, but never discourage lively and positive engagement from your Community members
- A fundamental grasp of Photoshop and Canva. You don’t need to be a qualified graphic designer, but you should feel comfortable cobbling together a graphic or meme.
- A love of pets. The crazier you are about animals, the more you’ll thrive in this environment!
About Mad Paws
Mad Paws is Australia’s largest online pet care marketplace. At the core of our business, we connect Pet Owners with over 20,000 trusted, local, and vetted Pet Sitters. Having launched in 2015 as an online Pet Sitting platform, we have since expanded to offer Dog Walking, Pet Grooming, Dog Training, and Pet Day Care.
In 2020, we launched a series of new pet-related businesses. These include Mad Paws Pet Insurance; and Mad Paws Dinner Bowl, a range of premium dog meals. Moving into the future, we’re excited to launch new products to make Pet Ownership easier for all Australians. We are also venture-backed and an official partner of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
The Mad Paws Pack comprises a talented and passionate team working to create the largest pet community in Australia. We are a super switched on pack and we work smart to make sure we never take ourselves too seriously and enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure.
At Mad Paws, our team knows what success is like and we’re here to scale it by leveraging our outstanding cultural mix and different professional backgrounds. Namely, our founders are well versed entrepreneurs who also built other startups and exited successfully. They have large networks in the technology and marketing spaces, deep experience in raising rounds of capital and scaling businesses. On the other hand, our leadership and extended team represents 10+ different nationalities and come from companies such as Atlassian, The Iconic, Gumtree, Marley Spoon, Delivery Hero, PwC and Deloitte.
Mad Paws Pack
- Our office is in Pyrmont, Sydney, within the WOTSO co-working space.
- Walking distance to… Town Hall (15m), Chinatown (10m) and Sydney Fish Market (5m).
- Perks include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and days in the office
- Free coffee, cookies, and awesome chill-out areas (in the building);
- A passionate and hard-working team.
- Of course, dogs in the office!
Is this role your bread and butter? Here are the next steps:
E-mail our Head of Marketing (strictly no recruiters please) on firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Media & Community Manager – Your Name” as the subject. Then include the following elements:
- Curriculum Vitae (attached)
- A motivation letter addressing how you meet the requirements for the role (attached)
- Samples of your past social media work (attached or links)
- In the email body, include the response to the following questions:
- What is your expected salary package and how flexible is it?
- What’s your notice period?
- Are you ok to travel regularly to our office and adjust frequency based on ongoing COVID restriction updates?
- Are you fully entitled to work in Australia?
- Link to your linkedin profile or other relevant links.
We will only consider applications through email which include the content requested above.