Hello and Welcome, My Name is Mark.
I know it can be very hard sifting through information to find what you need, so I have kept this as informative as possible.
03/12/2016 - WE NOW SUPPORT THE RSPCA - Our team volunteers at our local RSPCA centre!
01/11/2016 - We have decided to increase our customer base as we are growing, so we have stepped into the Airtasker and Madpaws community.
PROFILE + OTHER TEAM MEMBER PROFILE LINKS:
Part of a growing team of skilled workers on Airtasker and Madpaws!
Co workers profile:
- Madpaws profile comming soon for Martin! -
My name is Mark, I am a joint director of the Team with Martin.
I am British and moved to Australia in 2004.
I am 30 years old. I live with my Son and our cat Tiramisu. I have past experience dog & cat sitting. I have owned, lived with or looked after:
Birds (African grey's, Cockatoo's, cockatiel, budgies, lorikeets etc)
Hamsters (Syrian hamster/golden hamster)
I am happy to give your pet(s):
A good pat
A good walk
A wash, dry, brush and finally cut their nails.
I will initiate play with any pet that will play back.
Go for a Walk: I will come to you - My service fee is for a half hour walk, I will walk in the morning and afternoon. I keep this service flexible and I am happy to have a key or code to access your pet as I have to work around other clients walk times and visit times.
Day Sitting: I come to your home - Max booking time is from 0800 to 1800 - every hour prior to or over this time frame will be $30p/h charged in 15min intervals - if you have booked for me to also do night sitting following or prior to this service, I will require a few hours break to attend to my family - of course I will not charge you for the gap between the day/night booking times.
Basic grooming: I will brush, wash, and dry your pet(s) your home. I will cut nails too (yes cats claws can be included) I will do my best to groom them the way you request me to do so.
Overnight Watch: I will come and look after your pet in your home. Max booking time is from 1900 to 0700 - every hour prior to or over this time frame will be $30p/h charged in 15min intervals - if you have booked for me to also do daycare following or prior to this service, I will require a few hours break to attend to my family and will not charge you for the gap between the day/night booking times
Visit: I will drive over, feed and water your pet(s), check the environment is as it should be, give the pet(s) some attention then lock up correctly. I can perform this as many times as you like during a day and can offer this service at night as well (Night visits are limited to 1 or 2 trips between 2100 to 0600 - contact me for a price or for situations requiring more than 2 visits and I will see what can be arranged). Please note that I charge per visit for days and nights. my visit time is $20 per half hour visit. if your pet causes me to stay more than a total of 45min (unless discussed and arranged prior) I will have to charge another half hour block @ $20.
I also offer regular updates - I am happy to provide regular updates and photos during my sitting, overnight watch or night/day visit. I only send an IM / E-Mail for updates. I can also update when I am heading out or returning from a walk with your pet. I am also happy to give an update regarding diet or medicine. [I have no problem with giving a pet medication(s)]
I am happy to "meet and greet" prior to my first service with you.
I am happy to look after, play with and care for the most boisterous dog or the most relaxed cat!
Please note I currently cannot take any pets in my home
Our main team consists of Martin and myself, who are always quickly available to setup dates and times, both of us have many overlapping skills, but also many that are unique from each other, this enables us to provide a greater range of services with a background and/or experience in that range. If our offers seem to be a little higher, that is because we do a job right the first time and we price our abilities accordingly, however if we feel you are paying above what we believe is fair, we will send you a better offer. We are honest, reliable and proud of what we do.
My team has a few other members who we can source depending on availability who also are a great attribute with their own skill sets.
Being part of a team means that we can offer you another team member if one of us should be sick or injured and cannot attend the booking, this way you don't panic when you get that call, instead you will be informed and have a link to the profile and the security of knowing that we pick our team members carefully. We don't offer out new members until they have proven themselves on shared jobs.
I have worked with vulnerable people and have done first aid (expired but will soon be renewed/awaiting certificates)
Police check is clear, I am getting a copy sent out to upload here.
I have a clean driving record available for related work.
Thank you in advance for reading this and I hope it has helped you with your selection.
1. We do not work with other people outside our team profile links unless directly requested to do so and agreed upon prior to the quote being accepted.
2. If you don't list clearly what is required, we will stop work when we have performed the clear instructions, you can request any remaining work that is not clearly listed to be done and we will come back or if time complete it at the time. Please note that any delays, additional time required etc will be charged at $35 per hour. If unexpected issues or unclear descriptions cause our quote to fall short, you can choose to continue or stop using our services once the allowed time in our quote has passed.
4. Additional work must be 100% paid up front before we continue working, this can be arranged through a new task on Madpaws or we can invoice you for immediate payment. If organised through Madpaws, you will have to accept us for the job. You can set up the task by going to our profile and requesting a quote directly from us.
5. If hours have or have not been listed, we will have allowed for some extra time.
This does not mean we owe you an additional amount of time, it simply means we are dedicated to doing the best work we can and allow a margin of error.
This margin covers us if we are late, there are unforeseen issues (such as poor management on either side, a technical problem ,etc.), a power outage, and so on. This time is not placed in our schedule for you to take advantage of us or to ask us to complete work outside the clear description. The additional time is to be used at our sole discretion and is not part of your quoted or unquoted time - we do not advertise the amount of extra time on Madpaws as it varies greatly on the tasks.
6. We do not like to use dangerous chemicals and prefer to use organic products if it is a potential for the product to go into a drain or porous surface such as grass. Please respect that we do not like polluting our water as many chemicals and hormones cannot be or are not filtered in our water supply or by your filter system and we wish to look after the water supply - if you wish to use dangerous chemicals and fail to read these T&C's, we will refuse that part of the work and do all other parts of the job. You will not use this failure to read as an excuse to post a negative comment./give bad feedback but we are happy to ask Madpaws to refund you a fair amount from the total for the time we skip past, however if your request was going to include a vast amount of work using the chemicals, we have the right to cover our costs and may not be able to offer a refund. Sometimes we carry some organic/safe products that we can use to keep all involved happy, however if you request this from us twice or more, we will bill for the product as they are a cost to us.
6. Our T&C's can adjust at any time, they are enforced from the last change prior to a quote being accepted, we will notify you of changes if you have accepted a job and we alter the terms, although please keep in mind we can make human error - we advise you check them before we begin work, however our terms are only here to protect us from being abused and to protect you and us from unclear communication. we do not make our terms to manipulate or take advantage of customers, we work to a price to ensure we are treated fairly and also to ensure we do a very fair and high quality job (unless asked for a "quick fix" / "botch job" in which case quality is not high - we don't like these jobs).
7. Failure to read our terms and conditions is not an excuse to avoid the agreement to them.
If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them shortly.
I hope to hear from you soon!
First Aid Certificate
Pets sleep indoors
Pets sleep outdoors
A full refund will be offered to Pet Owners if they cancel up until 7 days before the booking at 12 noon. After which Pet Owners will be charged 50% of the total booking value.
Accepts last-minute bookings
Accepts long-term bookings
11 years old
5 years old
Reviews & Testimonials
repeat0 repeat stays
Pet Hosting - Jan 3, 2017
Mark did a wonderful job looking after Milo. He sent me updates and photos and was very accomodating. He spoilt him and even gave him a bath. We will definitely be using Mark in the future. …