My name is Ning and I live with my 3 year old Westie, Sherlock. I love dogs and really enjoy spending time with them. Something about having dogs around feels therapeutic to me, especially after a long walk and they're all relaxing/getting along with one another. I always look forward to share my love and affection with your dogs, and Sherlock would most definitely appreciate the canine company.
Leaving your babies behind with strangers is not always an easy thing to do, that's why I've prepared some things you may want to know about me and the service I provide:
- I take them out AT LEAST 3 times a day; this includes walks to parks, and morning/night for toileting. I've found this routine helps dogs who aren't fully house-trained to recognise there are 'appropriate' times for toileting.
- If your dog isn't great on the LEAD, walking with another dog (Sherlock) will typically help them learn to set their pace to suit the walker and other dogs.
- I've had dogs with anxiety stay with me before and they'd get adjusted after a day (or two) of 'crying' or even in a couple hours, especially after some exercise or vigorous play. Tired pups are HAPPY pups.
- They SLEEP in my bedroom with their own bedding (or if they'd prefer we have spare beds.. and heating/cooling too!)
- Dogs are FED SEPARATELY to prevent any potential fights from breaking out. Toys are only laid out with supervision because they're also considered a 'resource' that dogs might fight over.
- I work from home so there will be 24/7 SUPERVISION. All things CHEWABLE will also be kept away before your pup's arrival, so toilet roll/thong massacres are rare in our house.
- I'd usually prefer to have a meet and greet BEFORE confirming any bookings. This is just to allow owners to get to know me better in person (I'm nice!) and to let the pups mingle and get familiar with one another.
- I ALWAYS provide photo/videos updates.
- Pick-up and drop-off times are FLEXIBLE and are usually arranged ahead of time if possible to avoid confusion. Daycare charges are set for a 12-hour duration and Overnight charges are set at 24-hour duration.
- I don't hand out TREATS to the the dogs unless I've been granted permission or made aware about an allergy by owners.
- And of course, not forgetting daily CUDDLE sessions on the couch while we all indulge in some fun facts on History channel or reality tv like The Bachelor (national geographic has proven to be least popular).
That's pretty much it! They'd have a regular routine everyday so it's pretty easy to get used to our lifestyle. Dogs are incredibly self-aware and usually mimic what the other dogs have been doing when put in a new environment. :-) If you've got any questions left, feel free to drop me a message and I'll try my best to provide you with peace of mind so you'd be able to enjoy your vacation/trip without worries.
2 years old
West Highland White Terrier