Everyone should have something to open on Christmas Day, including your furry family members! Follow this easy recipe and wrap up some homemade treats for your pooch this year!
- 625 grams of flour
- 80 grams of rolled oats
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (xylitol free)
- 5 large carrots, finely shredded
- Bone shaped biscuit cutter
Important: Peanut butter contains all kinds of goodness for your pooch, as long as it is xylitol free. Never feed a dog peanut butter containing Xylitol as the artificial sweetener is toxic to pooches.
- Preheat your oven to 180 celsius
- Add the flour and oats to a large mixing bowl, then add water and stir
- Grate the carrots until they are finely shredded and add the to the mix, along with the peanut butter.
- Continue to stir until a thick dough is formed. Roll out the dough to desired thickness on a floured surface.
- Using your biscuit cutter, start placing the cutter into the dough to create the biscuits.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Once ready, please set aside the treats to cool off before giving them to your furry friend!