Christmas is around the corner! And you know what that means? GIFTS – and more gifts! We have an epic DIY xmas gift that your feline friend will absolutely love, the Hanging Window Basket. Doreen from Hymns & Verses, shared her awesome DIY tips for this fantastic cat bed!
How much is that kitty, in the window?!
No literally – how much is it? You can find everything you need for this cat bed at Bunnings Warehouse or similar hardware stores! It should cost no more than $40 – the basket will cost the most and price depends on what kind of basket you choose!
What you’ll need:
- Wooden basket tray
- Piece of thin plywood (Ensure the plywood is around 2.5cm smaller than the basket)
- 2 shelving brackets
- Jute rope
- Fix the shelving brackets underneath the window trim to support the cat bed
- Screw plywood on top of the brackets and place the basket on top of the plywood.
- Drill two holes on both sides of the basket & plywood. Cable tie them for extra support.
- Grab the jute rope and feed it through one side of the basket, tying a knot from the inside, so that it can give that “hanging” look
- Grab a stool or ladder and feed the rope through the curtain rod, and repeat step 4, on the other side.
- Put a blanket or pillow in the basket, ensuring your cat is comfy and stable
- Add some tinsel around the basket and on the string, to get into the spirit of Christmas!