If you’re a proud parent to a pupper, you’ll know that along with the loving canine kisses comes a not-so-pleasant odour. It’s a universal understanding that those kisses come with some bad breath too!
Although teeth cleaning is a way to combat bad dog breath, for a lot of owners it’s easier said than done. So what other options are there for helping stop the waft coming from your dog’s mouth?
Enter the wonder of dental chews for dogs.
For them, it’s a tasty treat to chow down. For owners, it’s the simplest solution to reduce their bad breath. A win-win, you might say!
But first, let’s explore the causes of bad breath in dogs
Although normal, it’s important to first understand why your dog may have bad breath. Knowing the root cause will help to find the most effective solution.
According to the RSPCA, by the time they reach 3 years of age, 80% of dogs experience some form of dental disease.
Here are some causes to consider:
- Plaque and tartar build-up: Just like us humans, dogs can get plaque and tartar on their teeth. Over time, their mouth becomes a breeding ground for bacteria, leading to some serious stink!
- Oral health issues: If left untreated, your dog may suffer from gum disease, infections, and decaying teeth, all of which can lead to much more serious illnesses.
- Dietary habits: What your pup eats plays a big role in their breath. Consuming strong-smelling foods can leave their breath less than rosy! And don’t forget about the potential for food particles getting stuck in their teeth.
- Digestive troubles: Occasionally, bad breath can be linked to digestive issues so keeping a balance of good and bad bacterias can help.
While there’s a lot of information out there around dog teeth cleaning and how to keep your dog’s teeth clean, the more widely embraced solution is dog dental chews.
Dog dental chews, how they work:
Dental chews for dogs are a game-changer. Not only do they help reduce the build-up of plaque and tartar, it’s a much more palatable alternative to putting a toothbrush (and your hand) in your dog’s mouth!
So how to choose the best dog dental chew, you ask?
While most dental chews for dogs may seemingly ‘do the trick’, it’s important to choose one that’s Vet recommended.
For an all-in-one solution to help reduce bad breath as well as maintain a healthy mouth & gums, there’s no need to go any further than VeggieDent® FR3SH.
VeggieDent® FR3SH targets the cause of bad breath in 3 ways, and has the Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC®) Seal of Acceptance to help control plaque and tartar. It is also a tasty dental chew with proven high palatability ¹.
Why choose VeggieDent® FR3SH Dental Chews
Without question, the proof is in the pudding. Reports on VeggieDent® FR3SH effectiveness confirm that 90% of Owners perceived improvement in bad breath after use, and 87% would recommend this product3.
But the superiority of these dental chews doesn’t stop there. Here’s why you and your dog will love VeggieDent® FR3SH:
Targets the cause of your dog’s bad breath
A key difference that VeggieDent® FR3SH has over other dental chews is its unique technology that targets the cause of bad breath 3 ways:
- CLEANSE Addresses oral causes of bad breath
- COOLS Freshens breath with cooling action
- DIGESTIVE Bad breath can result from gastrointestinal problems due to unbalanced intestinal microflora. The VeggieDent® FR3SH Technology includes the addition of a prebiotic to promote a balanced and healthy gut flora.
But it’s not just a quick fix! VeggieDent® FR3SH freshens breath over the short and long term.
You’ll notice significant improvements in your dog’s breath from day 1. And, this improvement will be felt (or, rather, smelled) for 24 hours after consumption. The real value, however, is the freshness your dog will have over a 2 week period with daily use3.
Natural, plant based, low calorie
One of the strongest reasons to choose this dental chew over others is the ingredients. VeggieDent® FR3SH is a natural, plant based chew containing no animal proteins, artificial ingredients or chemicals. What it does contain:
- Pomegranate an antioxidant to promote gum health
- Erythritol to cool and freshen the mouth
- Inulin a prebiotic that addresses the digestive cause of bad breath
And, because they’re low calorie chews, they can be given daily without worrying about weight gain.
Tasty, and maximises chew time
They feature the innovative Z-shape that makes it easy for your dog to grab and chew – maximising chew time² . This shape, along with the size and texture, helps to reduce plaque and tartar formation, enhancing teeth cleaning.
…. Now for the hallelujah moment! The real test when it comes to solving dog bad breath – is it easy to administer?
With VeggieDent® FR3SH, the answer is yes!
This easy-to-use product provides a really simple solution to reduce bad breath at home. Simply feed the tasty dental treat to your dog once a day. That’s it!
By now, your dog will be chomping at the bit to get their teeth on a dental chew. So wait no longer. Jump onto Pet Chemist Online and add VeggieDent® FR3SH to your cart. In no time, you and your pupper will be smiling ear-to-ear!
- Chaix G, Lloret F. Palatability in dogs of a new vegetable dental chew (VeggieDent® FR3SH) which helps to reduce plaque and calculus formation and helps to maintain a healthy and fresh breath. 27th EVDF congress, Innsbruck, Austria, 2018.
- Nicolas CS, Navarro C, Lloret F. Evaluation of acceptability and chewing time of six dental chews in dogs: A randomized, blinded control trial. Proceeding of the 31st International Conference on Dentistry & Oral Care. Oral Health Dent Manag 2018, 17:27.
- Chala V, Chaix G, Navarro C, Espuna G. Evaluation of breath freshening effect in dogs following chew administration: an open field trial. Voorsjaardagen congress, The Hague, NL, April 2018.